Pages

Friday 4 May 2018

Life in a Trench!

In Room 11, we have been learning about World War 1 and the Anzac's. We have done many activities to do with Anzac Day and one of my personal favourites would be Room 11's life in a trench! 

Miss Tupou thought it would be a great idea to have Room 11 experience the life of a soldier at war and how it was like for them to live in trench. So here is what we did! We gathered all our tables and chairs together and covered them with sheets/tarpolin. We then spent most of the day working under our tables - writing letters to our parents at home as if we were a soldier in Gallipoli. Our trenches were very comfortable but I don't think the actual soldiers trenches were as comfy as ours! 

I think this was a fun challenge to do because we experienced how it was as a soldier when in a trench! Here are some images of Room 11's Life In A Trench!




13 comments:

  1. I like how you took photos of Room11
    making a trench in class.
    We had a great time

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Alfonzo

      Yes ... I did take photos and I did have an AWESOME time. It was a very creative way to put ourselves in a soldiers position! What was your favourite thing about working under our tables?

      Delete
  2. Hello Again Amy.
    Miss Tupou did have a creative mind though. It's nice to see that we've all had fun and having smiles on our faces!
    Great Post! Tiria:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Tiria

      Yes! It was a great way to put ourselves in soldier's shoes and I enjoyed it very much!

      Delete
  3. Woah! So much writing I could not even finish it I liked how you post a picture of us working in a group and under the table.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Amy !

    Setting up sheets to make the class feel like their in an actual war zone, is a great idea. I definitely think that everything you did helped the class with the letters that they wrote, and everything that we had to do relating to Anzac Day. Great post !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bula Naysha

      Yes ... it was an awesome idea!

      Delete
  6. Hey Amy,
    I love the way you add many pictures to prove your point and the way you add in writing that explains everything to everyone. Amazing Work Amy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. we had lots of fun in the trenches so we can think and make our ideas :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Kia Ora Amy

    Thank you so much for showing all the teachers from the Te Ara Tuhura cluster in Christchurch around your school today and for sharing your learning to do with the Anzacs with us. You were very confident and friendly; it is obvious that you take pride in your role as a school leader! I also enjoyed hearing about the way your class experienced a bit of life in the trenches and what you created from your learning. My trip has given me some great ideas for what I could try with my own class of Year 7 and 8's at my school, Parkview.

    Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hola Miss McManus

      It is always a pleasure working with other people and sharing my work as a Manaiakalani Ambassador to the other students and teachers. I appreciate you for checking out my blog and I thank you for coming to Glen Taylor School! It was very fun meeting you and the others as well as showing you around our school.

      Amy

      Delete