Pages

Tuesday 15 May 2018

Waist Measurements in Room 11



For maths we have been focusing on Statistics. Miss Tupou worked with every group in the class. She gave us this problem.

"Adidas are wanting to sponsor GTS school uniforms for winter sports (senior school only). They are interested in information about different body sizes. Brainstorm things that could be measured - height, head circumference, handspan, waist, foot length".

After brainstorming, we collected our data in our groups. Each group chose what they wanted to measure and went off to do so. My group measured Room 11's waists. After everyone collected their data they used Google Sheets to create 3 different graphs including all our findings. I chose to do a column graph while my other group members did a pie and bar graph. Here is what I collected.





2 comments:

  1. I really like your blog post because it gives all the data needed and you gave reasons on why and how everyone did this work.
    Keep it up Amy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know I don't like math but you have a great passion in math you make me want to work on math more.

    ReplyDelete